Saturday, May 10, 2014

Holy Vet Bill, Batman, Kitty is sick!


She looks kind of grumpy here, but she sure was clinging to me today at the vet clinic. Poor Babygirl has a urinal tract infection! She sits for five minutes, trying to pee and nothing comes out. I know how that feels when I have a bladder infection and it ain't fun. I noticed her sitting in her box last night, ignoring my call for a treat. That surprised me. Then today I saw her doing the same thing in the flower garden and then trying to pee again a couple minutes later. So much for getting any yard work done before the storms came this afternoon.

It's pretty hard to get an appointment on Saturday because everyone closes at noon, but I found a vet in Cambridge that was open until five. Babygirl cried in the carrier all the way there. I felt so bad for her. When I got there, she was clinging to me and trying to hide under my arm. But when they gave her the ultrasound to get her to pee, they said she was very sweet. Hmm...she must be sick! She's usually Little Miss Hissy Fit. "Don't touch me, don't pick me up. Lemme bite your ankle. Growl, growl..."

We got the drugs, I paid the bill and we went home. The patient is convalescing now and eating albacore tuna as a reward for taking her antibiotics like a good girl. What a life.

Denise




No comments: