Sunday, May 12, 2013

Interview with Paul Ferrante, Author of "Last Ghost at Gettysburg"

Meet Paul Ferrante, author of "Last Ghost at Gettysburg" - Now available on Kindle - Published by Fire & Ice YA
 




Paul, when did you first consider yourself a writer?
When I was in the 8th grade I wrote a letter to a sports magazine that was published - that was the start. I attempted my first novel in high school (it was horrible), then a second in college (mildly bad). In 1992 I began writing professionally as a baseball historian for Sports Collector's Digest, which I continue to do today. I've also contributed to some baseball anthologies.
 
 
What do you do for fun and relaxation?
I like tinkering with my Jaguar XJS sportscar, which I enter in concours competitions; a little golf and fishing; and everything Baseball, which I only stopped playing myself a couple years ago.

 
Do you think you’ll ever retire from writing?
Not until they pry the pen from my cold dead fingers!
 

Where do you see yourself as a writer ten years in the future?
I'd like to be writing the screenplays for the movie versions of the wildly successful T.J. Jackson Mysteries series so my daughter Carrie can direct them.
 

What are you working on now?
Right now I'm dividing my time between SCD articles and the third T.J. Jackson book, which I hope to finish by next September. As of today my editor at Fire & Ice, Denise Meinstad, is going through the first draft of the second T.J. Jackson mystery. I would imagine we'll be doing some tweaking in the coming months.

 
What do you hope to write in the future?
I would still like to write an adult baseball-themed novel, which is what I was working on before T.J. came along.
 

What can readers look for next from you?
The second T.J. Jackson Mystery, Spirits of the Pirate House, is tentatively scheduled for release at the end of the summer.
 

Where can readers/fans see more about you?
Readers can visit my website: www.paulferranteauthor.com or "like" T.J. Jackson Mysteries on Facebook.
 
 
 
 
 
Not all of Gettysburg’s Dead are at rest.

 

High school freshman T.J. Jackson thinks his summer will be a drag when his widowed dad dumps him off for a vacation with his Uncle Mike, a park ranger at the Gettysburg National Battlefield, Aunt Terri, and his geeky adopted cousin LouAnne. But T.J. is in for a few surprises. For starters, Gettysburg isn’t the boring Civil War town he expected. A ghostly Confederate cavalier has been terrorizing nightly visitors to the battlefield. And LouAnne isn’t so geeky anymore- she’s become a sassy beauty who leaves him breathless. Things escalate when the cousins, aided by T.J.’s quirky friend Bortnicker from back home in Connecticut - who also has his eye on the lovely LouAnne - attempt to solve a murder mystery that has the local police, park rangers and paranormal investigators in a panic. Because how do you stop an undead killer from 1863 from wreaking havoc in the 21st Century?
 
 
 

No comments: