Saturday, February 23, 2013

Life Without Downton Abbey

Last weekend we held a party at Misty and Mike's house for the finale of Downton Abbey.  Just about everyone came in costume (except me--didn't know what to wear).  Misty and Mike served high tea and the goodies were scrumptious--cake, scones, chicken salad and bruschetta, to name a few. It was so much fun that I'm absolutely going to dress up next year, but I think I'm going to wear a period dress like my Grandma Esther wore back then. Here's a picture of the gang. I was busy cleaning up so I missed it, but aren't they all so cute? Misty and Mike are the two on the farthest right. It's going to seem really strange tomorrow night not to be tuning into the next episode of the Granthams and the Crawleys.

1 comment:

Nancy Pennick said...

Love this show! This was such a great idea, next year you have to dress up.